Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cinque Giornati nel Vernazza (five days in Vernazza)

We arrived in Vernazza on wednesday afternoon after a fabulous morning in Lucca.   The train trip was NOT uneventful, like everything we do here.   Each day has been a fun filled trip of stories.

I SO hope I can remember them all to share, since we have not been on the internet since wednesday.  It has been nice to be so disconnected, but I want to share this trip with you all, and I want to be able to revisit it again when I am home.  Italy is amazing.

So, the first story, on el treno, hauling our luggage (I thought I packed light).  Kim and Don step onto the train and Kim can't get the door to the car open.  So Don, looks up and points to this handle and says to Lucy(Kimy) - "Pull that"......
SCARED me to death (Scaramuccio)(that is another story) I was JUST about to step onto the train with my luggage when the AIR swooshed out like an explosive gust and my heart skipped a beat.  Of course, Kim and Don opened the door and made a clean getaway, when a man came from the other car and, shaking his head, pulled the handle back into place.  When we finally got on the train, we laughed until we cried.
We arrive in Vernazza after two train changes, and haul our luggage down the steps of the train station to the common area and enlist Kimy to  call Giuliano.  But he is still on his way from Lucca to get his daughter Sophia, so we head up the hill since I know where to go. 
  OH MY GOD it is hot. 

This is the view from our room......



We stow our luggage and go directly to the beach for lunch.








Say it with a SMILE and a handmade TILE! www.ShadybRanch.net www.tilesmile.etsy.com www.tilesmile.artfire.com