Sunday, August 28, 2011

Travel Dreams and Nightmares

My travel companion Linda has nice digs.  I decided to stay at her place last night so we could travel to the aeroporto together today.  As comfy cozy and beautiful the guest room is here, I still had those weird travel dreams, or what I would call nightmares.  You know they ones where you run as fast as you can and don't get anywhere, and you really need to get where you are going.  In my dream, at the last minute before the plane boarded, we go to the bathroom, and upon return to the gate, I find that I have left my backpack in the stall.  So I RUN back, and of course it takes me for EVER to get there, and when I do, the bathroom isn't there anymore.  After some searching, I find that it wasn't a bathroom at all, but an employee lounge.  I find my backpack, but upon return to the gate again, I realize my glasses aren't anywhere on my head, so I RUN again, which takes forever again, all the while, realizing we never checked in at the gate, so when I finally DO make it back to the gate, with my glasses, they have given our seats to a couple of stand by travelers, and we miss our flight.  UG-G-G-H-H!

But, it's only a dream.  I'm sure all will go well today, without a hitch.  We'll check our bags, breeze through security, find a place to buy a few euros, and a good place for lunch, and we'll walk on the plane and find our seats have been upgraded to first class......


OK, well, maybe not, but it's a good dream anyway:)......

Say it with a SMILE and a handmade TILE! www.ShadybRanch.net www.tilesmile.etsy.com www.tilesmile.artfire.com

1 comment:

Glenn Hadsall said...

Have fun! Wish I was there with you guys.